How Can I Modify A Family Court Order?

How Can I Modify A Family Court Order?

Family Law Advocacy Groupexplains the steps you must take in order to modify a family court order in San Bernardino County.

The family court order that once worked for you may no longer be realistic. Circumstances change, necessitating court orders to change with it. If you have undergone a substantial change in circumstances and you qualify, you can petition for a modification of child support, child custody, spousal support, and more.


There are a variety of circumstances that can necessitate the need for a modification. Some of the more common include:

  • Loss of Employment – You lost your job, and now you cannot afford to pay alimony or child support.
  • Taking a Pay Cut – You took a pay cut, and now need more alimony or child support money.
  • Relocation – A job has required you to move out of state, necessitating a change in custody or parenting plan
  • Raises – Your former spouse whom you are paying alimony or child support payments too has gotten a raise and you wish to decrease the amount of support/alimony you are paying

Modifying a family court order can save you a substantial amount of money. If you need to modify a court order, we invite you to contact our law firm to discuss your options.


We strongly encourage you to make contacting our firm your first step in the modification process. As an experienced attorney, we can ensure that you don’t make any crucial errors along the way. We can help you compile all the necessary documentation and evidence you will need to supply to qualify for a modification. We can walk you through the petition for modification form and assist you in achieving your desired outcome.

Contact us today for a free evaluation to learn more about modification petitions!